Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Friday 18 March 2011

You spin me around.






I am going to have to try this, the artist or astrophotographer Chris Kotsiopoulos describes himself as a simple application programmer. I find it hard to imagine there is anything simple about this man.
He explains the process in this interview as:

"Technically it is easy, at least for the ordinary day panoramas. The main idea is to take many photos at a 360 degree range and stitch them together with the appropriate software. The 24 hour panorama was somewhat difficult because I had to stay at the same place for almost 30 hours, take many shots at very different conditions during the day and night and then combine them in a single panorama. The photo process took me an additional 12 hours. I have included a detailed tutorial on my site.

It is a combination of art and technique because, apart from the technical part which includes the equipment, shooting techniques, and the processing, the photographer has to be able to get the most out of the subject."

http://www.mymodernmet.com/profiles/blogs/exclusive-interview-360-degree/ /

No comments:

Post a Comment