Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Thursday 22 October 2009

The flying woman

This piece of writing is very bizzare, it makes me think of dreaming and the lavish excitement that surrounds it.

http://www.strangehorizons.com/2006/20060320/flying-f.shtml

Here is a small extract:
1. The Flying Woman in Profile

The flying woman is just a little bit glamorous. I don't know if the flying came before the glamour or vice versa, but her beauty is airy, and her flying has style. In this picture, she wears her hair long and wavy. Her nose flips up at the end, like a ski jump, and her skin is ruddy from the wind. She's a more beautiful woman than I am. I don't mind.

If the image were a daguerreotype, she would seem mysterious. If it were a bust, she would seem noble. If it were a holy card, she would be a saint. But the image is a photograph on my wall, and when people see it, they all say, Who is that? She looks so far away...

No comments:

Post a Comment